Hello and happy Sunday to all! Hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I did! Before I have to get started on some homework (boo!!) I thought I would share with you my eats from the weekend, a few new recipes, yay!!
Friday started out with a lot of random stores for groceries. Whenever time allows, I like to go all over the place for groceries because I know different stuff is cheaper at different stores. Some of the goods:
Also a super lunch on Friday (I have been putting greek yogurt on EVERYTHING lately, seriously it is the best sammy/wrap topping):
Friday night I decided to make a yummy dinner for Joey. I did some google searching, came across this post and tweaked it just a little.
1 large tater
1/4 white onion
1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup quinoa
Instructions for Taters:
1) Quarter the tater (ok, so I used 2 medium taters, but I had a lot left over, so it just depends on how much you want), toss in 2 tbsp EVOO and salt and spread into a pan.
2) Roast in oven at 375 for 1 hr – 1 hr 15 min
Instructions for Asparagus:
1) Cut the ends off all of the asparagus, and toss in 1.5 tbsp EVOO and some salt
2) Spread onto cookie sheet (I put tin foil under for easy clean up)
3) Chop 1/4 of white onion and sprinkle on top of the asparagus
4) Roast in oven at 400 for 12 min
Instructions for Walnuts:
1) Spread walnuts on cookie sheet
2) Cook in oven at 350 for 8-10 min
Instructions for Quinoa:
1) Put 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water in a pot and bring to a boil
2) Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 15 min or until all the water has been absorbed by the quinoa
*Put all the ingredients together however you choose and ENJOY!!
Saturday Joey and I got lunch at The Grotto and DAYUM it was delish.
Joey also made a fabulous dinner last night, mushroom ragout with spinach-parm polenta. Here’s the link (sorry no pics, I was too busy inhaling it). I am sooo lucky to have a bf who supports my meatless & healthy eating, I feel very blessed.
As for a workout, I did a power yoga class yesterday that went really well! I was a little worried since I had a mediocre workout week. On a TMI note I went into class with a bit of a belly ache and I swear I passed gas (luckily the non-smelly kind) like 5 times in class!! hahahaha. Luckily the music was loud so I think it was the undercover kind 😉
Eww. On a random note on this Olay commercial that just came on this lady said that her anti-aging lotion is working so well she might actually celebrate her birthday this year. I HATE how women feel embarrassed by getting older, and I just don’t get it. Why are men allowed to age and women aren’t?! It makes zero sense to me.
Well I’m off to do my homework. Love to hear your opinions about women and aging? Are you guys embarrassed to age? I embrace it and I will be DAMNED if I don’t go all out for a birthday 🙂
Filed under: Uncategorized |