Hello to all! Busy bee day for me running errands around town, did some hot yoga, and made dinner for Joey! It turned out wonderful, so although I’m short on time tonight I wanted to share the recipe with you. It is modified slightly, but the base recipe comes from CanYouStayForDinner, LOVE that site!
1 acorn squash
1/4 cup brown rice
1/4 cup wild rice
2 cups organic veggie broth (obviously, you can use whatever kind of broth you want, even chicken)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts (I used almonds and pecans)
Instructions for nuts & acorn squash:
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Put chopped nuts on a baking sheet, I put tin foil underneath for easy cleanup, and bake for 7 minutes
3) Bump oven up to 400
4) Slice acorn in half, not as easy task, and remove innerds
5) Place facedown on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, again I used tin foil (sprayed the tin foil)
6) Cook for 30 minutes or until you can stick a fork easily in the skin
Instructions for rice:
1) Mix broth and rice together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil
3) Add in nuts and cranberries
*In the end put the rice mix in the acorn hole and ENJOY!!
It was a lovely dinner with Joey🙂
Well that’s it from me tonight! Hope everyone had a fantastic Monday!
Filed under: Uncategorized